- How can I register?
- I am a program coordinator and would like to learn more about having my emergency response program included in this System?
- What type of information do I need to provide as an emergency volunteer to register with this System?
- Is my information safe?
- I have already started registering with this System. How do I complete the registration process?
- How can I change information that I provide on my account registration?
- What is ESAR-VHP?
- Does my emergency response program participate in this System?
- What is required for participation in Show-Me Response?
- Who should register in Show-Me Response?
- What liability protection is available to health care professionals who volunteer on Show-Me Response?
- Are there any provisions for compensating me for time lost from work?
- What about my personal safety?
- How long will I be deployed?
- I have registered, when can I anticipate being called to assist?
- How are volunteers requested through the Show-Me Response Volunteer site?
- What are the requirements if I affiliate with the Department of Mental Health?
If you did not see your question in the list above please contact us.
How can I register?
Online registration is available for general volunteers and members of emergency response programs. Click the "Register Now" button on the home page to begin the registration process. If you are an existing member of a participating program, please indicate your participation in that program during the registration process.Back to top
I am a program coordinator and would like to learn more about having my emergency response program included in this System?
If you are a program coordinator for an emergency response organization, and would like to learn how your organization can qualify for the emergency volunteer card program, please click here.Back to top
What type of information do I need to provide as an emergency volunteer to register with this System?
When you register, you will need to agree to the terms of service, and then will be asked to provide information specific to you and your skills for use by program coordinators in establishing your emergency credentialing level and contacting you in the event of an emergency activation.Back to top
Is my information safe?
I have already started registering with this System. How do I complete the registration process?
If you have started but have not completed registering, you will need to log in with the username and password you initially provided when you started the registration process. If your account is not in the system, you will need to start the registration process from the beginning.Back to top
How can I change information that I provide on my account registration?
Once you have completed the registration process, you will be able to log in to your account using your username and password to update your account information.Back to top
What is ESAR-VHP?
ESAR-VHP is the emergency system for the advance registration of volunteer health professionals.Back to top
Does my emergency response program participate in this System?
Please contact your program coordinator directly to learn if your emergency volunteer program participates.Back to top
What is required for participation in Show-Me Response?
You must first register in the system. You may receive periodic information of available training to help prepare you. If and when activation becomes necessary, you will be contacted through an automated system and asked about your availability. You are never required to volunteer to anything unless you are available and comfortable about responding to the tasks required of youBack to top
Who should register in Show-Me Response?
Anyone may register who is a Missouri resident or has a licensed in good standing with the Missouri Division of Professional Registration.Back to top
What liability protection is available to health care professionals who volunteer on Show-Me Response?
Liability protection is available under Missouri Revised Statutes, Chapter 44, Civil Defense Section 44.045 (link: http://www.moga.mo.gov/statutes/C000-099/0440000045.HTM) to Show-Me Response health care professionals who register as volunteers and are deployed through an authorized State entity.Back to top
Are there any provisions for compensating me for time lost from work?
Missouri revised statutes defines volunteers as individuals who receive no material compensation for their services other than re-imbursement of expenses. Re-imbursement of expenses for travel, lodging, and meals may be provided, but should not be expected.Back to top
What about my personal safety?
Anytime you enter a disaster area, you should pay particular attention to your personal safety. Living conditions at the base camp may be primitive as resources may be scarce. Every effort will be made at the time of deployment to advise you of what to expect. If you are not prepared for such conditions, please do not accept deployment. Please do not self deploy.Back to top
How long will I be deployed?
Deployments usually last upwards to 14 days, which includes travel to and from the affected area.Back to top
I have registered, when can I anticipate being called to assist?
Every disaster is a local event with local resources and local volunteer networks responding first. Show-Me Response volunteers will be called upon when resources at the local level have been exhausted.Back to top
How are volunteers requested through the Show-Me Response Volunteer site?
When a public health emergency occurs that depletes local health care personnel resources, a Show-Me Response Volunteer Request Form can be completed in preparation for requesting volunteers through the registry. A designated staff person from the organization that is in need of volunteers can complete the form and forward it to the Local Emergency Operations Center (LEOC) when initiating a request for volunteers; or the LEOC can complete the form, and then contact the State Emergency Management Agency (SEMA), State Emergency Operations Center (SEOC). In turn, the SEOC will make a request to activate the Show-Me Response system and fax the Volunteer Request Form to the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services (DHSS), Department Situation Room (DSR).
The Show-Me Response Volunteer Request Form should be completed in its entirety to provide pertinent logistical information, specific professional skills needed, and environmental situations that are relevant to the deployment site.
Contact information for the DHSS, DSR:
What are the requirements if I affiliate with the Department of Mental Health?
- The Department of Mental Health (DMH) affiliated volunteers will be required to register and pay the $10 fee for a background screening with the Family Care Safety Registry at: http://dhss.mo.gov/fcsr
- Volunteers will be asked to provide the DMH Unit Coordinator their SSN so the background information may be accessed. (The Coordinator will send an e-mail request to the volunteer.)
- Current employees of DMH and DMH Contracted Providers have already been screened and will not be required to re- register. (If you have questions, call the DMH Office of Disaster Readiness at 573-751-8087 or 573-751-4730.)